The joint Eunomad seminar with European institutions and local authorities, organized by Eunomad, will take place on May 13th and 14th 2013 in Brussels, at the European Economic and Social Committee.
This seminar will focus on "Migration, Development and Integration. Complementary of the role and actions of local authorities and civil society in relation to the European Union".
Parallel to the European Commission's prepration of the framework for a new Communication on local authorities and development for 2013, the aims of this event are:
- To link the challenges of international solidarity and human mobility in the perspective of the MDGs and of the post-2015 development agenda;
- To take stock of the challenges local authorities face in the South and in the North in the management of populations and of the territories they administer;
- To examine the actions carried out by local authorities in the North which value migrants and their civic integration in host societies, in the context of "local governance of diversities";
- To review the good practices performed by local authorities within the EU and in countries of origin, in the context of the implementation of decentralized cooperation projects involving migrant participation;
- To submit recommendations on actions to take for a local governance of migration, development and integration.